The eROSE Device
AMCYT aims to provide rapid onsite evaluation (ROSE) service to all fine needle aspiration (FNA) providers. Through our state-of-the-art eROSE device, we hope to solve the unmet need for ROSE.
• Rapid onsite evaluation (ROSE) is an adequacy procedure that mitigates sampling error during a fine
needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy.
• Involves smearing of the tissue sample into a glass slide, staining, and real time microscopic evaluation
• Proven to improve the sensitivity and diagnostic yield of FNA
• Assists further diagnostic triage (assess whether extra material is needed, decide how to preserve material for
further ancillary studies)
• Reduces the need for additional sampling with a lower risk of procedure complications
Unmeet need for ROSE
• 20-25% of FNA biopsies are insufficient for diagnosis due to lack of ROSE.
• Large medical facilities are forced to staff pathologists during routine biopsy procedures to perform ROSE.
• Small and rural facilities are unable to perform ROSE due to lack of manpower resources.
• There is currently a growing trend in the ordering of molecular markers on FNA specimens.
• ROSE has evolved to help maximize the material recovered from FNA for molecular
analysis, adding further to the ROSE demand .